Image Stone Taffy from JustinGrimm

Wednesday, August 27, 2014




I feel like it has been a year since my last image, for good reason too! Although I have committed every available weekend this summer to hitting up the rockies, I've been skunked almost every single time. I have finally conceded until Fall and decided to work this shot from my spring trip to the Southwest. Justin Grimm Photography This is taken from the unimaginably interesting and isolated patch of sandstone in Arizona called White Pocket, which I'm sure many of you 500pxers are familiar with by now. What you might not know, is that these one of a kind formations still have not been fully explained by geologists. The running theory is that they are a result of "soft sediment deformation" which makes sense seeing how the multicoloured stone looks like strung out multicoloured taffy. Throughout this day huge clouds threatened to dump on us, with the possibility of turning the single long sandy road we took here into mush and lengthening our stay. I guess that wouldn't have been so bad, however the rains never did come. Instead, we were treated to a deliciously sweet 30 seconds of light as the sun broke below the clouds, just enough time for me to capture this 6 shot wide-angle panorama. Thanks for checking it!

Thanks to JustinGrimm for your images with title "Stone Taffy", and this photo copyright by JustinGrimm


Share this article on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2011 Image News All Rights Reserved.
Bali Pictures Wallpaper Templates by Bali Pictures- Powered by Blogger.com.