Image The Universe Is In All Of Us from Shainblum

Tuesday, August 5, 2014




Pointless to view on white, PLEASE VIEW ON BLACK Funny story behind the photograph, first off its a self portrait set on Timelapse mode so I could climb the rocks and get the right pose. My friend Ivan and I ventured out to the Anza Borrego for some night shooting, but when we got there it was close to 100 degrees... and this is around 9pm. Our camera sensors were just too damn hot and getting a clean photo was unachievable without an internal camera cooling unit. We decided to stop at this little spot on the way back to San Diego with giant boulders. We walked out of the car and started the small trek to where the boulders were. Its always safe to use a headlamp when walking in the desert as to avoid Rattlesnakes, Scorpions and Tarantulas. As we walked I noticed every foot there was a small hole in almost every direction. It seemed odd and the holes seemed much too small to be for snakes. I stopped walking for a moment as I saw a spider in front of me, I noticed it was a Black Widow spider, no big deal I kept walking, another 5 feet and what was in front of me...another Black Widow Spider...another 10 feet and another Black Widow Spider. We started seeing the spiders crawling out of different little holes and realized we were basically in a giant field of Black Widows. It was one of the creepiest little places I have ever been too. Over the 5 minute walking period I saw about 15-20 Black Widows. We were careful to watch our every step and avoid the spiders, still a very unsettling feeling while shooting in the dark. The rocks themselves were clean of Spiders and they were giant in person. Some of the rocks in this photo towered at least 2 stories high. The rock that I am standing on in the photo is about 20 feet high or so. Super fun adventurous night, probably not going back to the Black Widow field any time in the near future though. If you wanna learn how to take and or process images like this one, check out my new online and in person workshops. http://ift.tt/1sKjRAh Dave Morrow and I also provide a video tutorial with RAW files so that you can follow along. http://ift.tt/19O2rOv

Thanks to Shainblum for your images with title "The Universe Is In All Of Us", and this photo copyright by Shainblum


Share this article on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2011 Image News All Rights Reserved.
Bali Pictures Wallpaper Templates by Bali Pictures- Powered by Blogger.com.