Image April Magic from MattWalker1

Wednesday, April 15, 2015




I have returned from Yosemite so many times without getting good light, and having unfavorable conditions. Last Tuesday afternoon I drove to Yosemite in the hopes of getting some snow in the Valley. I arrived at Tunnel View for sunset, and discovered the Valley had very little snow. Waiting for sunset the clouds thickened up, and as usual I got skunked again. It was uncertain whether a second storm was going to hit, but as I packed up my gear the snow began falling. I drove down to the Valley for some dinner, and when I returned from eating my car was covered with about 4 inches of snow. I woke up at 4 a.m. Wednesday and began shooting a moonlit Yosemite Valley covered with snow. The classic "clearing storm" fog swirled around the valley floor, and granite peaks. As sunrise approached I had no expectations of getting good light due to the thick clouds above, but I was beyond content to have this beautiful snow, and low fog. At some point the clouds started lighting up, and catching hints of color. I couldn't believe my eyes! For me and all the other photographers it was a dream come true. This a 7 shot panorama taken in the portrait position with a 35mm lens, and cropped at a 3:4 ratio. Thanks for Looking!

Thanks to MattWalker1 for your images with title "April Magic", and this photo copyright by MattWalker1


Share this article on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2011 Image News All Rights Reserved.
Bali Pictures Wallpaper Templates by Bali Pictures- Powered by Blogger.com.